The Happy Housewife

I love being a stay-at-home mommy, a housewife and I love to write and create art. This blog is all about what makes me happy and lucky - all my favourite things besides my babies and the little luxuries in life.

Wednesday 2 November 2011

A to-do list from the past...

It was Monday, 12th November 2007 (and I was 20 weeks pregnant with my first baby - and everything on this list was ticked off, in my diary):-

  • Organise storage for baby nursery
  • Make jug of de-caf green tea
  • Pack away dry dishes
  • Disinfect and clean nursery furniture and rest of house
  • Clear out my old magazines (recycling)
  • Iron x2 work shirts for hubby
  • Make lunch for hubby (coming home from work for lunch)
  • Pack away dry washing
  • Frame painting I did for Harry & Margaret (our elderly neighbours/friends)
  • Vaccum clean entire house
  • Clean bedroom mirror
  • Stoke fire place fire's in kitchen (wood burning stove) and lounge.
  • Sweep away leaves outside (it's Autumn and we have a thick sea of gold and orange leaves, outside).
  • Work on manuscript     (what is  now my 1st novel - "Scorpio Moon" http: //www.amazon.com/dp/B005L3RPE0 )
  • Wrap painting gift for Harry & Margaret
  • Start baby album (scan pic's)
  • Check e-mails, do pregnancy research (20 weeks) on internet, check Facebook profile.
  • Final baby shopping list (last few things to get)
  • Catch up with diary
  • Cook dinner and clean up ! 
How on earth did I complete all these tasks when I was already quiet heavily pregnant and where did I get all the time ? Time is such a  luxury now. I type this frantically as I anticipate the turning of time (it's now already 21:21 pm and I had both baby girl and toddler boy tucked up in bed at 7:13pm), I desperately need sleep and hope to be in bed before 22:30pm.

All those things on my to-do-list from the past (November 2007), that I would accomplish in one day, seem unsurmountable now. I am mother to a wonderful, wild and boisterous 3.5 year old boy and a loud, curious, energetic and gorgeous 10 month old baby girl. My whole day is consumed with forfilling their every need and maintaining seemingly rigid routines whilst squeezing housework and a few errands in-between. But it is all so worth it and I would not change it for anything in the world. My life seems so much more complete, meaningful and worthwhile now. My childless years of adulthood seem so self-indulgent and well, selfish, I suppose. You can truelly understand what Im talking about, when you take the big leap into parenthood - it is seriously life changing to say the least. In a good way, for sure.

So let me end this post with a quotable quote, one of my all time favourites:-

"The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a life-time." - Anon.

Till next time !

No comments:

Post a Comment